Wednesday, November 7, 2018

It has only been two years and two months - not too bad. I am going to start a series of spinning wheel data because that is pretty much what consumes me at the moment. Well, not ALL that consumes me - we are trying to get some our 36 Muscovie ducks butchered and working on shearing the last of the angora goats, plus other stuff, but right now I am volunteering to help my guild fix, describe, identify and digitize he new collection of wheels, looms, knickknacks, reels, and other fiberparaphernalia that will occupy our new Spinners Cottage. All are numbered, so if you have any comments or questions, please use the # of the item. Much thanks! I will try to list what I think we think we know, but please do let me know what you have to say, too.

176 - German origin, @ 1861 Split-deck slanty? Wheel diameter is 12”, with finials, but some of the smaller ones appear to be soft rubber??? Check out the tallll painted (looks original) distaff Since I am writing stuff down anyway, this seemed like a good idea for keeping info in more or less the same place.

No comments: